The Road to Success
Our hire to develop strategy offers Graduates an environment where structured development opportunities across its diverse range of engineering functions allied with its broad international reach, allows us to provide long term, exciting and flexible career pathways.
Cummins Turbo Technologies is at the cutting edge of engineering design, producing some of the most durable and innovative turbochargers to meet global challenges of emissions reduction, fuel consumption and total cost of ownership for engine systems from 3 to 120 litres. The Cummins Turbochargers brand, which includes the Holset registered trademark, is synonymous with turbocharger and airflow management excellence, relied upon for engineering excellence, precision manufacturing and the reassurance of comprehensive aftermarket support for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and end users across the globe.
We pride ourselves on operating under a set of values that emphasises integrity, innovation, delivering superior results, corporate responsibility, diversity and global involvement whilst at the same time providing our employees with a working environment which is both flexible and rewarding.
What we offer
Eligibility: minimum 2:1 Bachelor/and or Master of Science or equivalent degree in an Engineering or related discipline (including Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry) required.
Experience: minimal relevant work experience desired, such as internship, co-op, or other pertinent work experience. Additional language capabilities are not essential but could be of benefit for role and future opportunities.
Your time with Cummins Turbo Technologies will start with a comprehensive induction programme. We will work with you and your Manager to develop a training plan to meet your individual needs, role requirements, expand your technical expertise and leadership potential. Our engineering experts will coach and mentor you giving technical & personal feedback. The work you do will be challenging and give you the opportunity to apply & develop your technical knowledge whilst supporting your career progression. There is also plenty of opportunity to interact cross functionally as part of a global engineering team.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for Graduates to work in a variety of engineering business areas who have:
- an understanding of the process flow model: Planning, Preparation, Execution, Analysis, Execution.
- hold a basic knowledge in Engineering Standards and Technical Documentation.
- have the aptitude to understand and apply structured problem solving processes such as Cause and Effect matrices, Fail Mode and Effect Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis to resolve issues.
- an understanding and are able to describe the purpose, content and steps in developing and managing an engineering design project
Key Responsibilities within Engineering include:
- Applying engineering principles, practices & scientific skills through the product cycle
- Creating engineering solutions whilst demonstrating a good understanding & application of your knowledge in an engineering discipline.
- Assisting in creating design specifications considering application, cost, weight, performance, product life, manufacture, assembly and service.
- Verifying design using analysis and or functional testing, interpreting results, driving decisions and assessing risk.
- Working with other engineering disciplines and cross-functional disciplines to resolve product issues.
- Evaluating customer needs and aligning requirements with identified customer expectations.
- Working independently using your own initiative
- Being an active team member contributing towards team goals
Some typical business areas include:
Thermal Engineering Mechanical Engineering Electrical Engineering
Electromagnetic Engineering Customer Engineering Design Engineering
Development Engineering Controls Engineering Advanced Engineering
How to apply
For further information about our graduate opportunities please visit www.careers.cummins.com OR click on the link above
“My experience at Cummins has been amazing. The Cummins graduate programme places you into a permanent role which allows you to be given a lot of responsibility and become a critical part of the team even from your first day. It is not often that people find themselves looking forward to going to work, but I can honestly say that I do thanks to the wonderful people and great work ethos here at Cummins Turbo Technologies.”
“Working as an Applications Engineering Graduate in Cummins allows me to carry out a varied range of tasks on a daily basis. This role involves working with internal as well as external stakeholders. Cummins has a supportive and diverse working environment which gives you an opportunity to work with a global perspective. Being part of this graduate programme has helped me gain confidence in handling multiple projects simultaneously whilst developing customer relationships.”